Women with Disabilities Victoria (WDV)
Women with Disabilities Victoria (WDV) is an organisation of women with disabilities for women with disabilities.
community-based Board, members of which are elected annually.
What WDV Does:
- Provides systemic support, advocacy and resources to women with disabilities in leadership roles
- Works with community services and organisations to ensure they are inclusive of women with disabilities
- Ensures services for people with disabilities consider a gender perspective that is responsive to women with disabilities
- Works in partnership with other disability and women’s organisations
- Encourages and undertakes research on issues affecting women with disabilities
- Provides a voice for women with disabilities to influence government policy and legislation
Full membership is available to women with disabilities in Victoria and is free.
Associate membership is $50 for individuals and $140 for organisations, is open to individuals and/or organisations supportive of the aims of Women with Disabilities Victoria